Emerging Public Leaders (EPL) is driving Africa’s development by creating a new generation of civil service leaders committed to achieving extraordinary social impact.
Why we exist
African government’s are underperforming, as the Africa faces several structural challenges. This results in a civil service that tends to be bigger, older, and less qualified than anywhere else. Emerging Public Leaders exists to solve this dilemma.
Today's fellows. Tomorrow's leaders.
We believe Africa’s development and economic growth can be accelerated through building a stronger civil service from the bottom up. At EPL, we recruit Africa’s most promising future leaders into meaningful civil service positions through a highly-selective, two-year fellowship program.
Throughout the program, fellows receive the support and mentorship they need to launch and build a successful career in public service. Our short-term vision is to create a pan-African network of 500+ fellows by 2022.
Why choose Emerging Public Leaders?
EPL provides an array of benefits for aspiring public leaders.
- Employment – Fellows are guaranteed two years of salaried employment during the fellowship and support for ongoing career growth and development to ensure successful careers in civil service.
- Purpose – Fellows are placed in meaningful positions in enabling workplaces, and are encouraged to make contributions to the overall development of Ghana
- Prestige – Fellows become a part of Africa’s only competitive and reputable civil service program for youth leadership in government.
- Access to resources – Fellows have access to a myriad of resources including monthly professional development training sessions, supervision and mentoring, and networking opportunities to navigate the challenges of civil service
- Community – Access to EPL’s regional network of mentors, alumni, and supporters